Thursday, January 7, 2010

From Here to Maternity

"Lose It!"
* many items of maternity clothes -- I don't mind being pregnant, but I also don't plan to be pregnant again after this April (and if I do find myself pregnant again in the future, having no maternity clothes left will be the least of my issues). I've decided I am not obligated to save all my maternity clothes for future pregnant loved ones on the off chance that something ugly and lame to me might not be ugly and lame to them. Ugly and lame is ugly and lame. My mom is going to help me weed through my maternity pile tomorrow and select and save only the items future preggos might actually want to wear.

* baby boy clothes -- ditto the above. Saving the stuff that future nephews of mine might enjoy wearing. Donating the rest.

* random toys that I am sick of shuffling around -- mommy purges while the boys are otherwise occupied

I also want to mention that I read a novel a few years ago called From Here to Maternity. I can't remember the author's name, but I really liked the book.

2 comments:

CaraBee said...

Is Big Teal back in rotation?

Actchy said...

Great idea. I still in shock at some of the stuff my older sister passed along to me when I was pregnant with Acey. When I called her out on, e.g., a red plaid baby-doll jumper, she said someone else had passed it to her, and that she had never worn it. So you are not alone in hanging on to stuff, but you may be alone in your "ugly and lame is ugly and lame" concept. More power to you, MEP