Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Jammin'

"Use It!"
* the freezer jam pectin and plastic Ball jars I purchased in May -- after thrice buying four pounds of strawberries with the intention of making jam (they got eaten not thrown out), today Bub and I made strawberry jam as Little Bit looked on. Easy peasy and tastes just like my Grandma's. I am counting this as a "use it" because I would not have been surprised if the Ball jars and pectin sat ignored in the pantry all summer.

Now, what to do with the glass Ball jars I purchased eight years ago when the hardware store in my neighborhood had a going-out-of-business sale . . . perhaps attempt to make cooked jam of some sort without scalding myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

use them for more jam and give it as a little something to take when invited over to someones house. You could use up some old ribbon or fabric and end up "losing" a few items and making someone very happy, too. Also, could try peach or blalckberry since both are in season now. m

Actchy said...

While this has nothing to do with Jam, I thought of you yesterday as I packed my closet for the move and in the process lost THREE bags of clothes. Let me know if you have any interest in a bunch of short-waisted shirts.

cake said...

i am so impressed that you made jam! make some more.