Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Eat Clean Plate Club

"Use It!"
* Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook -- not sure why I purchased this cookbook, a woman who drinks a minimum of three Diet Cokes a day is not really a clean eater . . . but I used the cookbook to make Herbed Spinach Yogurt Cheese Dip. The end result was pretty tasty, though next time I will learn how to read so that I use lowfat yogurt (as called for) instead of nonfat (what was I thinking? I was thinking that the recipe called for nonfat yogurt).

* cheesecloth, fresh basil, a tub of plain nonfat yogurt, defrosted package of frozen spinach -- these are items I obtained with this recipe in mind, and I am pleased that I actually followed through and used them.

Cookbook Challenge Stats: 12 down/41 to go

1 comment:

Actchy said...

I cannot think about cheesecloth and not recall one of the Anastasia Krupnik books wherein she makes a recipe that calls for cheesecloth. She isn't able to get her hands on any, and uses a pair of pantyhose instead.