Sunday, June 14, 2009

Garage Barrage

"Lose It!"

Hubby cleaned the garage today and the end result is just beautiful. Parking spots for the strollers and the wagon. All the balls in the box. A special spot for the tailgating chairs. All the fast food bags in the trash.

* many items were lost in the process, and though hubby gave me a yes/no vote on a handful of things, he mostly made command decisions. He tossed more things than I would have but I won't miss a single thing that he tossed. And so, I think he needs to become a more active partner in the JUIorLI project. Sure, most of the crap around here is mine or the kids, but I could use a little push letting go sometimes.

3 comments:

CaraBee said...

Neil is always asking me if he can throw stuff away. Almost every time I tell him not to ask me, just get rid of it. There is very little in my life that is not replaceable and if he asks, I am more likely to say keep it, while if it is just gone, I'll likely never notice and then it's gone and we're all happy. (Does that make sense? Sounds kind of convoluted, but I think you get me.)

Anonymous said...

We began the process of garage cleaning on Sat. We are making progress but definitely not a place for everything and everything in its place just yet. m

LAP said...

Funny that we too cleaned out garage on Sat. By we I mean BB, not because I was too lazy to, but because if I was ever free of three little ones at my feet (one sick one in my arms in particular), I would focus on the inside of the house. A little disheartening when your garage is the tidiest room.