Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm not in college anymore. . .

. . . and no longer need hang on to those in-case-I-am-desperate-before-I-have-enough-time-or-quarters-to-do laundry-pairs of socks and underwear.

"Lose It!"
* many pair of underwear-- tossed, not donated, in case you are curious
* socks -- the decent, but rarely worn socks are being donated, but what does one do with all those socks who have lost their mates?
* two pair of jeans -- suspect when they do fit again, I won't want to wear them
* two pair of lounging pants -- sadly, not enough lounging time in my life
* pair of work out pants -- somehow these became flood pants which are for me, as for most tall girls, totally unacceptable
* green fleece -- really enjoy the color and feel of this fleece, but I have finally faced up the fact that the sleeves are a good two inches too short and the length is not doing my high-waisted self any favors
* green blouse -- coincidentally, this green garment is also too short (note to self: continue personal boycott of Ann Taylor Loft).

4 comments:

CaraBee said...

Funny, at lunch today, my girlfriends and I were bemoaning the way Loft's clothes fit. I used to love that place. Not sure if I've changed too much (not at all outside of the realm of possibility), or their clothes have, but I just can't find anything in there that fits me right anymore.

Actchy said...

AT Loft: a nightmare for tall women. I have several skirts from there that couldn't possibly be a stranger length. Why I kept buying them, I'm not sure.

When I graduated law school and got my first real job, I purged my underwear drawer almost entirely. It felt wonderful. I may have to do that again, soon.

Anonymous said...

I just got together a stack of tops that are too short. Three were from the Loft. I wasn't sure if it was a Loft thing or what was the fashion when purchased. I will say, I have not made a purchase from the Loft in quite a while. FYI I have been rather enjoying the tops from Limited this season. m

Sarah D said...

AT Loft hates tall women. Clearly.
I continue the boycott with you.