Thursday, May 14, 2009

Caffeine Free Free

"Lose It!"
* 21 cans of a 24 pack of Caffeine Free Diet Coke purchased, with best intentions, when I discovered I was pregnant with Little Bit -- I just don't like it, never drank it, and apparently never offered it to my guests. Now, it's been expired for over a year (did you know soda expired? we usually drink it so promptly that it's never been an issue). I just feel sad when I see a can of Caffeine Free Diet Coke, similar to the disappointment I feel when I see the Pepsi logo.

In penance for my wastefulness, I will be emptying each can to ensure proper recycling.

4 comments:

CaraBee said...

I could never throw it out. I would either suck it up and drink it or pawn it off on unsuspecting guests. I had no idea soda expired, either?! I thought it, like most canned goods, was good forever. Now you're probably going to tell me that canned goods expire, too. Well, I'm not listening. Nananana.

Anonymous said...

I have read that diet soda does expire and has a some kind of bad reaction when you drink it well past its prime. Also, remember the time mcp was given an orange crush by grandma p and it was several years old (like 5 or 6), he did live to tell about it though I think he did have the sense, even as a teen, to brick most of it. m

E... said...

Ha! Now that I've finally converted to the diet beverages, Caffeine Free DC is my can of choice. Guess it's all to clear I never get to visit you. I'm curious about what you identify as the difference between it and regular DC, though now that you mention it, I'm aware that there is one, just can't name it. I'm not switching, as I get quite enough caffeine from my morning coffee.

Sue and Randy said...

I also have a 12 pack of caf-free coke (can't do the diet) in my pantry from my last pregnancy. Maybe because I had easy pregnancies and no scares of any type, I never worried about caffeine much, but would limit it to one drink a day. You've inspired me to pitch it, but I will empty and recycle :)