Monday, April 6, 2009

I tooted, oops, I mean tutored.

"Lose It!"
* some sub-par tutoring resources -- I tutored for several years in the recent past and mostly really liked it. I stopped accepting new clients in the interest of finishing my graduate degree and taking care of those kids of mine. I have about four hours a week when it would be convenient for me to tutor so if any new clients available during those hours fall into my lap, I would consider doing some tutoring, but not with these junk resources that I've never used anyway.

You "Use It!"
You may want to check out The Clutter Diet blog, which I just recently started reading. Its author Lorie Marrero has some cool things to say. One that resonated with me is that de-cluttering is more about motivation than anything. Mostly, people know what they need to do, but just need impetus to do it. This blog has been my motivation, and I'm thrilled if my feeble efforts are motivational to anyone else. Also, she has a post about thinking about herself in two tenses. Her "present self" is the best friend of her "future self" and tries to make decisions about stuff/clutter that will make life better/easier for "future self." I think this insight will help me when I'm looking at some of the crap around here. The decisions to "lose" I make now will save me time, energy, and hassle later.

1 comment:

LAP said...

Funny title MEP.