Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sin or Can



There are four canisters that rest on the ledge behind our kitchen sink. Years ago, I tried storing things like flour and sugar in them. But then, I found some itty bitty critters in my flour once and gave up on that. Now, they are mostly empty, except for the smallest which houses matches.

I have a bad habit of using the top of the canisters to store things--you guessed it--that I don't want Bub to get his hands on: medicine droppers, infant motrin, antibiotics, Little Bit's toothpaste and toothbrush (Bub is obsessed with it because it is just a little thumb cover thing), prenatal vitamins (dangerous for children you know because they have so much iron in them), and the fenugreek I no longer need (see this post for explanation of why I ever did).

Anyway, it looks like crap up there. So, I decided that they medicine droppers and medicine would all fit nicely inside one of canisters instead of strewn on top of them all. The fenugreek could go inside one as well, along with the pacifiers I was also storing up there. I moved the antibiotics to a corner of the counter Bub tends to overlook because I didn't want to put them in the canister and forget to give them to Little Bit. I tucked the vitamins along the side of one canister for easy access. I left LB's dental stuff on top so I don't forget to brush his lil chompers.

The pictures (again, crappy ones taken on computer web cam) show the before and after. These changes are not amazing, but it is really pleasing me to see these little pockets of tidiness and order around the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I threw away similar canisters a few years ago. Especially glad I did so after hearing about the little critters...an image I am currently struggling to get out of my head. LAP