Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Navy beans, navy beans, navy beans

"Use It!"
* leftoever ham from Easter -- made some Congressional Bean Soup from a Mabel Hoffman cookbook (but no credit on the Cookbook Challenge because I've made it before).

"Lose It!"
* large ziploc bag full of plastic crap -- Happy Meal toys and other junk revealed when Bub tipped over six toy bins this afternoon (he found his stuffed Blue's Clues dog, so you can all sleep well tonight, and after much prodding, picked up the mess).


There are so many more toys and pieces of toys that need to be purged, but I have trouble releasing . . . Are you able to purge toys? How do you get over the "but this was a gift" and "he sometimes plays with this" or "but he might enjoy this one day for two minutes" feelings?

4 comments:

CaraBee said...

I am a complete packrat. Unless forced, I will not get rid of anything. Toys are no exception. I will keep things until there is absolutely no chance of use or my husband sneaks it out of the house. I'm incorrigible.

Bailey said...

Meatloaf Sandwich... I love that you quoted Adan Sandler/Chris Farley.

If the boys/husband let you out of the house, the new 2(x)10 on Roscoe is 20% off. The $30 pedicure was $24.

Actchy said...

Sloppy Joe..Slop-pay Slop-pay Joe...

Have I told you about the abundance of ham that showed up in our apartment, post-partum? We inherited half a honey-baked ham from the husband's Christmas dinner (which we didn't attend, what with coming home from the hospital and all.) Three weeks later, my husband's dad sent us a 9lb honey-baked ham. HOW MUCH HAM CAN TWO PEOPLE EAT? Needless to say, the resulting ham dinners, ham omlettes, ham cheddarton, and split pea soup were fantastic. But I still have half of a ham in my freezer. Navy bean soup, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

PPC Ad
vvery handy, thanx a lot for this article ........ This was exactly what I was looking for.