Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fancy Schmancy

If it seems like I repeat myself on this blog, it's because I am a little slow in learning certain lessons, particularly those lessons that have to do with acquiring stuff and being reluctant to release it when I no longer use, enjoy, or need it. Once again, I need to get un-dressed. Pardon the pun.

"Lose It!"
* four more dresses from 2000-2003 era -- Whether or not these dresses fit now or will fit again is less of an issue than the fact that I don't love them and won't ever wear them again. Just because some of them were purchased for special, fancy-type occasions does not mean that they are worth keeping if, cue the broken record, I know for sure that any time in the future when I need something to wear to a wedding or any sort of formal occasion, I will NOT choose to wear one of these dresses. I know that for sure. I don't know why I've been hanging on to some of these dresses for so long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making progress. Keep talking yourself through the elimination process. m

Actchy said...

Every time you mention getting rid of old clothes in your closet, I am reminded of the huge task that lay before me along these lines. I went through summer/spring stuff last week in preparation for vacation. It was humbling. However, nice to do so with a 3 month old in a bouncy seat on the bed before you, because periodically, when I'd have on a new item, he'd look at me and say, "Oooooo!"

Such a sweetheart.