Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tollhouse in the House

"Use It!"
* cookbook entitled Nestle Toll House Best-Ever Cookies -- We made the original Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. I was satisfied with the taste and texture (though they are a teensy bit more crumbly than I fancy). Hubby's first assessment was "excellent," but that was in the context of praising Bub for being such a good helper in the kitchen. He later clarified that the cookies were "very good, not quite excellent status, but better than the others you have made lately." Wow, my heart is full. To be fair, I would not call the cookies "excellent" either, but my main complaint is with appearance not flavor. I just don't think they look that pretty, not even on the front of the cookbook.

Cookbook Challenge Stats: 8 down / 45 to go

"Lose It!"
* melamine (maybe?) bowl, second biggest in set of five -- the edge of this bowl cracked and broke off a couple of months ago, but I had soldiered on in the spirit of "using it," but I noticed today, when combining the dry ingredients for the cookie dough, that the crack had caused a fissure (?) all the way down the side of the bowl. And so, I lost it, which is too bad because it was my favorite "just right," go-to bowl for mixing things.

No comments: