Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bar None

"Use It!"
I needed to make some baked goods for a school event and turned to an old favorite cookbook, The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn, and decided to try some bar recipes. Neither "Chocolate-Almond-Coconut Bars" or "Candy Bars" were slam dunks, but they were easy to make and acceptable contributions. Though I wasn't thrilled with the bars, I do want to say that every cake I have made from this cookbook has been fantastic and Byrn provides really thorough directions, which is nice.

Cookbook Challenge: 7 down/46 to go

"Lose It!"
* box of candy canes -- neither Bub nor I needs any more candy canes, not going to hold on to them for Christmas in July.

* 4 boxes of expired tea -- sad for me that I didn't take the tea time for myself before the expiration date, but ah well . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I didn't know tea could expire...isn't it just dead, dried leaves?