Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Scale" Back Sister*

"Use It!"
* Busy Woman's Cookbook: 3 and 4 Ingredient Recipes -- this cookbook was a wedding gift, and I used it this evening to make "Tasty Pork Chops" (that's the actual, non-descriptive name of the dish) that indeed called for only four ingredients: pork chops, onion, brown sugar, cider vinegar

Cookbook Challenge Stats: 8 down/47 to go

* food scale -- I asked for a food scale for Christmas and received one from my awesome sister-in-law, this is the kind of item that comes into the house with the best of intentions, but I am proud to have now used it for the first but not the last time

Inspirational Story
Took the boys to Staples to spend my $15.89 Staples Reward certificate before it expired. Left Staples without having spent a penny of "real money" in the store, only the reward money (with 23 cents to spare, not to brag) and without having bought a bunch of crap I don't need.


*What if I were to form a band of fellow de-clutterers/recovering stuff addicts like me and we called ourselves Scale Back Sister, kind of like Fall Out Boy?

7 comments:

Actchy said...

Dibs on lead vocalist.

Anonymous said...

and if you did, i would join it. only if we to a tour abroad, tho. have to get the perks while doing the work.

E... said...

I could probably only handle cow bell, but I'm in.

Anonymous said...

So where the pork chops tasty? They sounded kind of good. m

cake said...

crack me up with that scale back sister...

so happy to hear that you are using the food scale, rather than losing it. i held my breath for a moment there...
i just got a scale, and i have been using it for bread baking, since the book i am working from has the ingredients in weight, as well as volume. i absolutely love using it! it seems easier, and somehow, more satisfying.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this iѕ kіnda off topic but I was wοndеring if
you knew whегe I сould find a captcha
plugin for my cοmment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problеms fіndіng one?

Thanks a lot!

Hеге iѕ mу ωebpage; green coffee ultra gca

Anonymous said...

I think this іѕ оnе of thе
mοst sіgnificant infоrmаtion for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

Review my web page green coffee bean extract :: ::