Thursday, March 26, 2009

March Sadness

Sorry if it seems I've fallen asleep at the wheel, but it's go, go, go when we're in O-hi-o! Not much time for blogging with a full schedule of visiting and eating too much.

Still deflated by the Muskie loss, I did venture into my parents' garage a few moments ago with an eye toward losing, but it's pretty full and difficult to navigate and I didn't want to open up the garage doors this late at night so I'm settling for a semi-lame "Lose It!"--though every little bit helps.

"Lose It!"
* one of the two copies of Sacred Hoops by Phil Jackson in my parents' garage -- doesn't belong to me, but I figure my parents don't need two copies of the same book that is so beloved that it is taking up residence in a cardboard box in the garage. Plus, seemed an appropriate choice during March Madness.

* my copy of Cynthia Voigt's Izzy, Willy-Nilly -- teenage love, drunk driving, "crippled for life" (phrase from the back of the book). Not my cup of tea . . . if only Marco had stuck to tea at the party.

1 comment:

Beth Weist Allman said...

So weird...I just referenced this book to my friend Julie. I was reminding her of the million times she read it when we were in junior high.