Sunday, March 29, 2009

Win? Lose? Draw?

When I was in Ohio, my mom had a box of a dozen or so cookbooks that she was "losing." You know where this is heading, right? I wanted some (all?) of them. Now, the old MEP might have thrown them all into her messy car to take back to Chicago (provided hubby was not riding along--if so, she would have taken some of them, but hidden them in her bag or something). New MEP settled for two that looked really intriguing and took up next-to-no room in her newly cleaned car. But, when she got home, she "lost" two of her cookbooks to make up for it. So there. The Cookbook Challenge remains on.

I think I mentioned already that a few weeks ago, my friend E... did this cool thing on facebook where she posted a note listing all the books she wanted to give away. I "called" three of them, which she gave to me last week when I saw her. To atone for bringing more books into the house (even free ones), I added five more to my book giveaway box. That box is getting mighty heavy and soon, very soon, I do plan to work on my own book giveaway for friends and readers.

No comments: