Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm not Gwyneth


It's Fitness Week at Just Use It or Lose It.

"Use It!"
* Tracy Anderson Method presents Post-Pregnancy Workout DVD -- I made it through 35 minutes. Must note that there were several moves that I could not perform. It's not that I could not stand the pain of these moves (did not get a chance to find out if I could), but that I could not physically manipulate my body into the positions required. I cannot and do not want to imagine how much worse it would have been if I had tried this DVD right after my ob/gyn cleared me to exercise instead of eight months later. This experience has been a tad defeating, but I am looking for a silver lining. Here it is: I have suspected that I am woefully out of shape and now it is confirmed. Good news is that I can and do choose to become stronger and more fit from this point.

"Lose It!"
* assortment of greeting cards, notecards, and postcards (pitched, recycled, and donated as I saw fit)-- these are paper products I will never use, not even if I ran out of every piece of my existing supply of correspondence stuff, many of the greeting cards were leftover from an assortment received from my grandma, who got them from one of her neighbors at her old assisted living facility, likely after others at The Waterford had already made their picks -- most of these cards were pretty lame, and I'm not sure why I agreed to take them in the first place, though I'm sure I had the best intentions

* green travel bag -- don't need it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you took the cards to be nice and it made your grandmother happy. she will never know you have ditched them so it's a win-win. I, too, just began doing a bit of exercising. I am hoping to just stick with it for a bitand it will get easier. m

Anonymous said...

Totally with you and Gwyneth - I got that tape and it is sooo hard. I am not all that flexible and wow - you need some major strong abs and I had a baby a year ago! Oh - well... keep trying.