Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Bin" there.

The boys and I were hanging out in the basement yesterday, you know, chilling on the "ferris wheel."** I saw a half full clear, lidless bin in a closet and set to losing.

"Lose It!"
* scrapbooking scraps -- bunch of scrapbooking paper with random shapes cut out. Yes, I did toss some full sheets as well and, yes, I suppose I could have cut more shapes from these scraps and glued them in a collage on a shoe box that could then store more junk**, but instead, I just scrapped them.

* deck of Peanuts playing cards -- may have had 52 cards, but with Bub around, it was better just to toss them before he found them and, well, tossed them.

* a playbill from the musical Winesburg, Ohio -- was a great show, and I know I kept the playbill for the same reasons I have saved others: the idea that I might someday frame and display them. But really, I won't ever do that so I am now vowed to toss the rest of the playbills when I across them, except for a couple that remind me of special times and people (Les Miserables and Avenue Q).

* a bunch of other, little stuff that I don't need and won't miss


What are you losing and using these days? Please share.


**In the world of Bub, the guest bed is a "ferris wheel."
***I used to do shit like this before I had kids -- decorate shoeboxes with scraps of paper. I'm sure to unearth one soon and will share a pic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pita and I had a moment over Avenue Q. m