Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Freezer Pleased Pantry Princess

"Use It!"
* ground turkey from the freezer -- again, any time I use meat from the freezer, I am very proud of myself

* taco seasoning -- another of the Wildtree Products I tend to hoard, turkey tacos were on the menu

* another can of the 12 pack of tomato paste I bought at Costco -- the taco seasoning recipe calls for tomato paste as did the vegetable soup I made this evening

* frozen chopped onions -- thought I was going to go without onions in my soup because I threw some out yesterday that were starting to sprout, but then I found a bag (actually two) of frozen chopped onions, nice surprise


What has your pantry or freezer pleased you with recently?

2 comments:

cake said...

i haven't been able to keep up with this adventure on a daily basis, but i'll have you know, i "lost" a huge black garbage bag of clothes NTB, at a clothing swap (and came home with only a few items, since most of the other women were skinny little things). but, i have another big "lose it" project, which involves going through cosmo's toys, and getting rid of the stuff he's out grown. your blog is helping me work up the courage to do that. soon. seriously. please. help. me.

Actchy said...

I'm working my way through an insanely stocked freezer in order to make more room for breastmilkcicles. In the past week, we've had flounder, shrimp, and last night, short ribs (note: I had to go to a butcher and get more short ribs, since we had company for dinner...but still, I did use the ones in the freezer.) I am not going to disclose how long any of these items were actually in my freezer. By the end of March, I intend to make soup from one of the two (!!) ham bones I have.