Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scrap Metal

"Lose It!"
* Several years ago, my mother-in-law came for a visit and brought a pan of lasagna. She left behind a metal rectangular thing with holes in it that I assumed was part of some kind of pan. I put it on top of our toaster oven, and it has lived there ever since. When she visits, I always mean to ask her if she needs it. I always forget. I just asked her now if she needs that piece of metal. The short answer is "no" and that she had not even used it for the lasagna, but rather to help support the pan when it traveled to Chicago. So anyway, soon it will be leaning against our garbage cans in the alley where the men who drive the scrap trucks will surely nab it.

My mother-in-law thought the scrap metal was sort of a lame "lose it!" so suggested that I also lose the old fry daddy that she bequested to us a few years ago. Homemade donuts would be divine but also dangerous so consider it lost.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an excellent suggestion of your mother in law. No good (except the food, who doesn't love fried foods?) can come from a fry baby or fry daddy. m

CaraBee said...

My husband would sooner part with a limb than get rid of our fry daddy.

Anonymous said...

I love that she dubbed your scrap metal disposal lame. Also kind of her to give you the green light to remove the fry daddy.

cake said...

oh, i have wanted fry daddy, or at least a fry baby, since i first heard of them. i am terrible at frying, and figure you can make yummy tempura, french fries, crab rangoon...etc. in one of those. but i've never purchased one, because i decided it was just better to limit my consumption of deep fried foods to dining out.

so, i say "good call!"

Anonymous said...

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Vic Recyclers Melbourne