Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Scrap it.

"Lose It!"
* two craft books -- one about scrapbooking and one about photo crafts. It's all I can do right now to take photos, upload them, and try to share them online. The next level for me is deciding what's next: photo DVD with music? design an album on Kodak Gallery? place in album with clever captions? create and frame a collage? I don't lack inspiration or ideas, just time.

For the record, I made the executive decision to stop scrapbooking before Bub was born, and I'm okay with that choice for me.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Good job! This blog is an inspiration to me, as I really want to not be addicted to my stuff. Last year, I got rid of two big tubs of teacups and saucers. That was SO hard, but now it feels so good!

I'm also getting rid of my favorite pair of boots. They fit perfectly, snug around my calf....but they're no longer practical since I walk everywhere in Btown. Too much of a heel. Someone else can love them.

Sue and Randy said...

I also ditched scrapbooking when I had kids. I stole a good idea from my sister--I now create an 8x8 20 page "yearbook" for my family every year (on shutterfly). I order a copy of each kid--so when I'm old or lose my mind, both of my girls will have a complete set of Roberts Family Yearbooks. We'll see if I can keep it up, but the fact that 2008 is done (and I also had a baby last year), then anything is possible!