Sunday, February 22, 2009

Double Feature

No time for a post yesterday. After a few delays, we arrived home from Florida late last night. We walked in our front door about 10:40, and both sleeping boys were awake by 10:45.

"Lose It!"
* Belkin ipod charger purchased at O'Hare on way to Florida -- both hubby and I were sure we would be walking so much during our trip that our respective ipods would need to be re-charged while we were there. We took a few walks in attempts to get one or the other boys to nap, but nothing that I would characterize at exercise. Is it exercise if the walk ends at Dairy Queen or with the purchase and consumption of a huge caramel apple? So anyway, last night when we passed Brookstone on our way to baggage claim, I returned the charger. Not a big thing, but something that the old MEP would not have bothered to do (would have rationalized that I could use the charger sometime and it's only $25 and blah, blah, blah).

"Use It!"
* In part because, in the spirit of vacation, I ate more than I exercised last week, I made a new recipe today out of the Weight Watchers Turn Around Program Cookbook: Broccoli Waldorf Salad. Great texture, great flavor, and very easy to prepare, especially if you use broccoli slaw instead of chopping broccoli.

Cookbook Challenge Stats: 7 down, 48 to go

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive that you took the time with boys in tow to make your return. I love a good broccoli salad, how was that version? m

Anonymous said...

Impressive that you took the time with boys in tow to make your return. I love a good broccoli salad, how was that version? m

CaraBee said...

Do you remember the "Chopping Broccoli" skit from SNL, mid-eighties??