Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Elephant in the Room

I am proud to report that all of the "Lose It!" items since this blog's inception have finally left the house. Since I began, all the donation items have been piling up in front of the basement crawl space. The past two weeks, hubby had taken to asking about their final destination fairly frequently. I think he fully expected the pile to remain until we could no longer access the basement. But no, MEP is on fire this year. I loaded the car on Monday, drove around all week with a huge box sitting shotgun, and this afternoon finally put my hazard lights on in a bus lane so I could drop off the stuff (5 bags of clothes, 1 bag of shoes, 1 box of home decor items, and an artificial Christmas wreath) at The Brown Elephant. Feels good to clear some space. I look forward to starting a new pile soon.

In the spirit of full disclosure, all my giveaway books are still in a big box in the guest room as I try to decide whether (and where) to donate them or take them to Half Price books where I might earn as much as $4.00 (based on past experience).

2 comments:

E... said...

Or maybe a quarter (an actual amount offered to me for an entire box of books)!
I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to clear out a few things. As I write, there are two bags sitting on my front porch waiting for Vietnam Vets to pick them up (I too, could never get the boxes to their destinations once designated as leaving the house until I got on the regular pickup call list). I am hoping the truck comes soon, or I may go rescue my old blender from the bag. I got a new one last week (anniversary gift, but also got jewelry, so it's okay), but keep wondering if I might need the old one for dedicated candy cane crushing...

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a sense of accomplishment before leaving on vaca. m