Monday, February 9, 2009

Testing the waters . . .

On Saturday, we're leaving for a week in Florida. Due to pregnancy and childbirth, I did not wear any of my regular summer clothes this past summer. I went through the summer clothes bin today. I have a large pile of "start getting with the program so you can zip these capri pants by summer" clothes; a small-ish pile of "these fit and I can wear them next week in Florida" clothes; a "let's move these to the fourth trimester bin"; and a pile of "whether they fit or not, I don't see myself wearing these clothes ever again." So, end result is "Lose It!" of about eight items. Plus, after having pawed through the boys' bins, I also found some Florida clothes for Little Bit that used to be Bub's ("Use It!"). Then, I pushed all but two bins back into the closet, creating a more convincing appearance of order.

Assuming I can fit into the clothes in the "start getting with the program so you can zip these capri pants by summer" pile, I will have to use this blog to answer the question of how many pairs of capri pants one woman really needs. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

CaraBee said...

As I don't wear shorts anymore and skirts are just not practical for everyday, I can say that this woman probably has 10 pairs of capris in various sizes. How many actually fit? Maybe 7.

Anonymous said...

i would keep as many as you feel "good" in. If you feel good in them you will wear them if you don't, probably not. m

E... said...

Tim Gunn inspired me to give up SOME of my capris last summer. I got a couple of pairs of long shorts and was sort of okay with it. I love skirts, but they are harder to find than you'd think. And I'm sorry, but it is just too damn hot in southwest Ohio to wear pants all the time.

Actchy said...

Don't feel guilty about excessive capri pants unless some of them fall into that category of "I guess these would be capri if I were 5'5", but on me, they look like ill-fitting Bermuda shorts." I have many in this category myself and really need to purge the closet of them.