Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not the "other one."

"Use It!"
* I used Anne Byrn's What Can I Bring Cookbook and made "Tex-Mex Chicken Spaghetti." I found it quite tasty and asked my hubby to give his review, "It was good, but I think I like the other one better." I asked some follow-up questions and determined that "the other one" is Chicken Tetrazzini, a casserole I have only made once, at least as far as I can recall. All the same, "good" is a very strong review.

* three pounds of chicken -- only noting this because any time I can use proteins (do you like my Top Chef-speak?) before they need to go in the freezer, I am pleased with myself . . . once items enter the freezer, there are no guarantees they'll make it on to a dinner plate -- also, I ended up with eight pounds of chicken, due to a sale at Jewel and now it's (almost) all been used


Cookbook Challenge Stats: 6 down / 49 to go

No comments: