Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fourth Trimester

"Lose It!"
I have a bin of clothes labeled "Fourth Trimester" from after Bub's birth. I peeked inside of it this morning. Due to the differences between having a baby in January and one in June, none of my fourth trimester clothes for Bub did me much good after Little Bit (generously-sized pale blue cords or pink velvet jeans (for real) are not quite the thing for the Chicago summer). I ended up getting some fourth trimester duds for the summer. Several items from the 2006 bin went straight to the give-away pile. I kept others since we would like to have one more baby (though not in the near, near future). I'm thinking now, however, that I shall go through the bin once more. I don't plan to be as large as I was post-Bub ever again, and some of the items in the bin are just not good. The fourth trimester is a sensitive time when one is not feeling so confident about one's appearance so I'm going to take a look-through and ask of each item: Will this item make me feel better or worse about myself?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty. You are always beautiful. That is probably not a bad question to ask because only you can answer. What anyone else thinks matters not. m