Friday, January 23, 2009

Fanfare Friday: Panini Party



"Use It!"
I finally busted out the panini maker that I asked for and received for Christmas 2007. My hubby, who had no idea we even had a panini maker, combined ham, swiss cheese, and aioli garlic mustard sauce (from Trader Joe's, of course). I delighted in tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil (yes, I am still obsessed with basil) and brushed my bread with roasted garlic grapeseed oil. I had a few negative flashbacks to the George Foreman Grill (hated it and its grease trap and still hate thinking of the smell of chicken grilling on the Foreman) when I got it out of the box, but our paninis tasted awesome! I will now work on finding some more "lose it!" items in the kitchen so as to clear space for easy access to the panini maker.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I will add that I also crafted and consumed a second (albeit smaller) panini: tomato, swiss cheese, and the aioli garlic mustard sauce.

These photo booth photos from our laptop will you a glimpse of our paninis and of the exciting Friday nights we have around these parts.

Okay, it's Fanfare Friday, what have you been using and losing this week? Please share.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you "lost" a lot of hair. I love the new hair cut. It is shorter than at Christmas but a great look. I have refrained from grocery shopping except to purchase fresh produce. I am paring down the freezer and it hasn't tasted bad and it feels rather liberating to get a handle on all my stuff. Nice to see it get used. My mantra should be, "I am cooking for 2 not 7. m

Anonymous said...

Bought the wife a panini press for Xmas and it's been used a few times already. Yesterday we feasted on wheat sourdough sandwiches with herbed goat cheese and roasted veggies - garlic, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and portobellos. I'm usually not a fan of the vegetarian lunch, but they were darn good. T-Baby looks like he a giant crab-like right hand...Irv

Anonymous said...

I'm down to the bare minimum in the kitchen, but the office is another story entirely....found and recycled several rough drafts of a research paper I "helped" my nephew write several years ago, a mini-recorder I used over and over in college because I couldn't keep up with the teacher, the guest book from my wedding, several lost but hilarious pictures from the distant past, and packages of highlighters....more than one could ever want or need. The office is very much a work in progress over here....might always be.

Anonymous said...

I'm down to the bare minimum in the kitchen, but the office is another story entirely....found and recycled several rough drafts of a research paper I "helped" my nephew write several years ago, a mini-recorder I used over and over in college because I couldn't keep up with the teacher, the guest book from my wedding, several lost but hilarious pictures from the distant past, and packages of highlighters....more than one could ever want or need. The office is very much a work in progress over here....might always be.

CaraBee said...

Sorry to say, not much lost last week, as we were between a trip and a parental visit, except just a tiny bit more of my sanity as I spent three days racing around unpacking and preparing for my white gloved mother. To say she is a neat freak is perhaps the biggest understatement. EVER. My dad has actually offered in the past to pay for a cleaning service to come before they visit. For the record, I am not that messy, she is just that crazy.

Love the hair!!