Monday, January 5, 2009

So long Ronald.

"Lose It!"
We have a small backpack that is the "church" backpack. It is filled with crayons, a couple of matchbox cars, an activity pad, loose change, and some other items intended to keep our almost-three-year-old occupied during church. Assembled in a hurry several months ago, these items were collected into the first bag I spotted in our toy box: a small, clear plastic backpack with Ronald McDonald on the outside. I have had fleeting moments of shame that he takes a Ronald McDonald backpack to church because of that scene in Super-Size Me when the little school children are interviewed. Have you seen it? The littles ones are shown pictures of all kinds of famous people and most of the kids can identify Ronald McDonald but not Jesus.

But alas, the backpack is being tossed not because of my shame, but because there is a large rip on its side and it is no longer ideal for containing crayons and matchbox cars.

I wish I had more losing and using to report today, but this is the best I can do as this evening has been one that has threatened to make me lose my mind.

1 comment:

CaraBee said...

Super Size Me put me off fast food. For like a week, then I was right back there getting my Filet o Fish. I think it's great that you got rid of something today, anything, even one thing, is progress. Don't burn yourself out the first week, small accomplishments keep you going.