Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Up Tempo

"Use It!" -- The Cookbook Challenge is heating up . . .
* I made Easy Banana Bread from Masterpieces from our Kitchen, published by the Fairfield (OH) Tempo Club -- twas easy and tasty, if a bit overdone (blame user-error, not the Tempo Clubbers)

* I also used the old crock pot for Holiday Meatballs from Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining by Phyllis Pellman Good and Dawn J. Ranck -- I sampled a meatball and found it to my liking, but on this day when I prepared two different things in my own kitchen . . . I went out to dinner, which is why this post is so brief.

Cookbook Challenge Stats: 4 down / 51 to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will you publish the (S)hit List??? Lucy's intrigued, or at least that's my guess as to why she won't sleep right now. At least she quieted down. Irv

Anonymous said...

you have inspired me. on the docket for this evening is going through my cookbooks and removing those that haven't been used in a while.
glad you had some success in your efforts. m