Monday, January 12, 2009

It will be put to good use.

"Use It!"
* the little cards that we ordered with our wedding invitations and used for our thank you notes -- I've held on to them, but not used them for anything but wedding thank you's because I had the idea that recipients would think, "These are their wedding thank you's" and feel slighted or something. Who knows? Now, I'm thinking, so what . . . I don't want to "lose" perfectly lovely notes with our names on them, so today I started using them for my holiday thank you notes (which I've been too occupied using and losing to send out yet).

"Lose It!"
* several smallish decorative boxes from my Harry and David Tower of Treats (I've already eaten two pears this evening and am tempted to finish the other four tonight--so, so, so good). In the past, I would have held on to these boxes with the idea that I could use them to box future gifts. I have not yet put the large box that housed the pears (now ripe and in my fridge calling out to me) into the recycling bin, but I will work up to it, unless I find a legitimate "Use It!" for that beautiful box.

4 comments:

cake said...

proud of you for using the thank you notes. so frugal, and so 'green' of you.

i love the harry and david boxes. and, i DO reuse them for all sorts of things, including mailing gifts. they are really sturdy, and the packing foam came in really handy for mailing out some of our home canned treats.

i think we are all out now. i will miss them. almost as much as those pears. oh. those. pears.

Anonymous said...

just received my H&D tower and will definitely have trouble losing the boxes. m

CaraBee said...

You reminded me that I need to write my thank yous. And that I can use those little cards, too! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Our thank you notes (and extra invitations) are part of the extensive craft station. I believe you were at the holiday dinner when Fancy made place cards out of some leftover reponse cards. A special bonus is mailing a letter (used loosely) to Grammy and Papa on the response cards...the envelopes are already preadressed to them:)