Monday, January 26, 2009

Freezer Diving

"Use It!"
Some beef from our chest freezer was turned into a lovely stroganoff-type affair thanks to my trusty slow cooker -- husband "really liked the dinner, honey," which, around here, is equivalent to, "You should open your own restaurant." So, I'm feeling pretty pleased . . . pleased that the meal was good and pleased that I used the meat.

Also, those of you aware of my tendency to obsess over foods, will not be surprised to know that I ate seven paninis over the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am delighted that you are enjoying the pannini maker. I was kind of ticked off that they never mailed me the $10 rebate that came with it. The work involved in follow up did not seem worth the $10. So I am just saying to myself it was worth every penny you are enjoying it. m

CaraBee said...

That's funny, high praise from my husband is "dinner was fine." FINE. I hate this but he is set in his ways and just can't seem to add Wonderful, Amazing, Delicious, Best I Ever Ate or any of a thousand other more complimentary words and phrases into his repertoire.