Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fitness Challenged . . . Who me?

"Use It!"
* I just want to point out, belatedly, that in making yesterday's banana bread, I used four blackening bananas of the sort that usually get tossed despite the fact that our babysitter always comments, "You should use those for banana bread." I always nod and agree that I should and then admit that I likely will not. Then, I ask if she would like to take the bananas home for banana bread. She is yet to take me up on it.
* Though it is getting in the way of my plans to "lose" weight in 2009, I did "use" yesterday's holiday meatballs today; indeed, I ate meatballs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, this does not really count as a "Use It!" as those meatballs are the kind of leftover that would have disappeared around here anyway. There are still many meatballs left, but I am going to "lose" my meatball habit tomorrow or at least go easy on them.

"Lose It!"
* With the good intention of making fitness a family affair, I purchased a board game called The Fitness Challenge a few years ago. Developed by an engaged couple trying to get in shape for their wedding, the game involves setting up a system of fitness goals, logging exercise time, choosing rewards, and then engaging in friendly competition with your loved ones. It is fine, but honestly, I think most people could come up with their own creative system for that kind of thing and tailor it to suit their needs. Plus, though I always want to develop elaborate structures of tasks and rewards (something like creating a blog to keep myself on task for de-cluttering), my hubby would rather just, you know, exercise. If anyone is really interested in The Fitness Challenge, speak up as the Salvation Army Express will not be leaving until Sunday.

Also, for those readers who are interested, the hubby's (S)Hit List will be posted soon. A few items I know for sure are on it include: holiday dishes, my teapot collection, and excessive picture frame-age.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the holliday dishes? m

E... said...

Campaign for the holiday dishes AND the teapot collection (at least some of them)I still haven't put mine away -- like drinking out of my holly mugs even in January. And someday maybe you'll have an office with an antique china closet to put all those teapots in! Can you tell I'm a packrat? J also makes me tell him a story about items so that I can justify keeping them.

Anonymous said...

To clarify, the Holiday Dishes will be on the Use It List. We went through the entire Holiday season including hosting 20 people at our house for a family gathering and not a single dish was used. Why do we have them then?

The rest of the list will be coming soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm with T-Baby. Our holiday dishes are unused in 4 Christmases together. MEP, you should get Katie yo come out and give you sewing lessons. Irv