Friday, January 2, 2009

Not as naughty as I thought, Santa.

Today's "Lost It!" List:
* the boxes that went with over half of our ornaments -- why have we been so dutifully re-boxing individual ornaments for the past five years?
* a carbon coated pine jar candle with wick melted into the wax (could have been lost three years ago)
* about 10 other holiday decor items that have no practical, sentimental, or aesthetic value -- most of which I have not taken out of the bins for at least the past three years. End result: one less red and green bin to be hauled back to the crawl space.
* a large artificial wreath that, despite my best intentions, I have not managed, in the five years since I purchased it, to decorate or hang up
* two pairs of shoes (one my husband's and one my son (age 3 next week) Bub's, ruined when tailgating in a bog/parking lot before the Notre Dame/Michigan game -- we have been walking past these shoes at least twice a day for the past three and a half months, and my husband decided today was the day to lose them, inspired by this blog of course.
* Bub's remaining Halloween candy (we already ate the good stuff!)

Today's "Use It!" List:
* a half package of almond bark leftover from the snow-covered turds I made before Christmas -- I melted the bark and poured it over some pretzel sticks for a delightful sweet and salty snack


An admittedly lame start to my year of using or losing it . . . progress is progress though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it was a fantastic start. I everyday is this productive, we will have a clutter free house by summer.