Sunday, January 18, 2009

Roo hoo Roo hoo

I took a pass through my closet today and was able to prepare a large bag of clothing for donation. I won't detail all the items, but I am getting more realistic about what things I might wear someday and what things I am just kidding myself about. I moved a few items I was not ready to "lose" front and center in my closet, and I'm going to give them a month or so. If I don't wear them by March, they're out of here.

Though my hubby is still preparing his (S)Hit List of items that he would like to see put to the use it or lose it test, I know that one hot button issue of his is my many pairs of athletic shoes. I tossed one pair of shoes today and bagged six others for donation, including three pairs of Roos. One pair was a no-brainer "Lose It!": yellow with hot pink and purple accents and never worn outside the house. One pair (teal and aqua) I used to sport with a maternity sweatsuit I call "Big Teal" but I have not worn them in two years now (not even this past pregnancy when Big Teal made a few appearances). One pair I will miss sorely (light blue, navy, and a small orange accent), but they are very worn and pretty filthy now; indeed, I think I best move them from the donate pile and into the trash . . . actually, my stomach hurts a little thinking about giving them up, and I perhaps I will try to clean them up and give them a one-month stay of execution as well.

Hubby wants another gold star for cleaning the junk drawer.

1 comment:

cake said...

oh, the mere mention of "big teal" puts me in stitches. i love that you had matching shoes!