Tuesday, January 6, 2009

inVESTing in myself . . .

Today's "Lose It!" List:
* two fleece vests that I have not worn in several years and don't see myself wearing again -- I think I overdid the fleece vest look in the late nineties. I now wear quarter zip fleece pullovers with tank tops underneath. Then, I get overheated and walk around my house in just a tank top so I can admire my generous white arms.

* three novels by Elizabeth Berg -- As I have written about before, I really enjoy Berg's writing. But, for some reason, the Berg novels I own are not my favorites. Joy School gives me an icky, lonely feeling when I see it on the shelf. Talk Before Sleep is beautiful but so sad that I know I'll never read it again. There's one scene in Open House that really unsettled me, and not in a good way. I mean no offense to Elizabeth Berg though; my issue with the above novels is not with her writing but my own reaction to the subject matter and characters. I love many of her other novels, especially A Year of Pleasures.

* giveaway Washington Mutual Go Cubbies bag -- there is much more "swag" in this house to be lost. Was Michael Scott correct on the convention episode of the office that "swag" stands for "stuff we all get"?


Attention readers, Friday is your day to stand proud and brag on yourselves. I want reports on things you have been using and losing in the comments section. Start preparing so you have something to write!

3 comments:

CaraBee said...

I'm going to have to get cracking because there has been precious little losing around these parts. Now that I have a deadline, though, I think I can make something happen.

cake said...

"Then, I get overheated and walk around my house in just a tank top so I can admire my generous white arms." ahh, you REALLY crack me up. if i were to write LOL here, i would not be exaggerating. you are a very funny woman.

i would hesitate on tossing any WAMU stuff, i just heard a piece on NPR about a party for laid off WAMU workers, where they were auctioning off WAMU swag at pretty high prices...

E... said...

Picturing you in one of those fleece vests, and waiting to hear if/when you get to the boxes of classroom stuff in the lose it campaign. It may compel me to do the same...